How do I know what size hockey stick to buy?
The most common rule of thumb for sizing your stick is this: When standing in your skates, the end of a stick held with the toe of the blade on the floor should fall between your chin and nose. Players fond of short sticks will have the end of stick at throat height, while long sticks might hit you at the eyebrows.
How do I choose a hockey stick UK?
To find the right length hockey stick, hold the stick against the outside of your leg. It should come up to your hip bone. Remember you may not have finished growing yet, so don’t pick one that could be too small for you in a few months’ time!
How do you measure a child for a hockey stick?
HOCKEY STICK LENGTH GUIDE
- Junior Hockey Sticks are available in sizes 24” up to full size 36.5”. …
- To measure a child (5 Ft 2” or under) hold the hockey stick at their side and it should be at their hip or belly button.
- If you cannot decide between two lengths, you should consider your child’s position.
What size hockey stick do I need if im 5 9?
Field Hockey Stick Sizes Based on Player Height
|Player’s Height (Feet & Inches)||Stick Length (Inches)|
|5′ 9″||37 or 37.5|
How do you measure a hockey stick without skates?
A good way to measure your stick is to stand, without skates in your stocking feet, on a flat surface. Place the toe of your stick on the ground between your feet. Lean the stick straight up-and-down so the handle of the stick touches the tip of your nose.
What size hockey stick do I need for a 12 year old?
Hockey Stick Length Chart
|Age Group||Height||Stick Length|
|Youth (6-8)||3’10” – 4’8″||45″ – 49″|
|Junior (7-13)||4’4″ – 5’1″||50″ – 54″|
|Intermediate (11-14)||4’11” – 5’4″||55″ – 58″|
|Intermediate (12-14)||5’2″ – 5’8″||55″ – 58″|
Are Fibreglass hockey sticks good?
Similar in nature to carbon, but more economical, fiberglass delivers the feel of a high-end, high-performance stick without the high price tag. Fiberglass sticks also tend to be lighter, and less rigid than carbon-heavy sticks, making them more forgiving and better designed for young, new, or developing players.
What is the best brand of hockey stick?
Best Hockey Sticks for 2020-21
- 1) Bauer Vapor Flylite Griptac Hockey Stick.
- 2) CCM Jetspeed FT2 Grip Hockey Stick.
- 3) Warrior Covert QRE SuperLight Grip Hockey Stick.
- 4) Sher-Wood Rekker M90 Grip Hockey Stick.
- 5) CCM RibCor Trigger 4 Pro Grip Hockey Stick.
- 6) Bauer Nexus 2N Pro Griptac Hockey Stick.
What is a good hockey stick brand?
Who Makes the Best Hockey Sticks? Bauer, Easton, Warrior, CCM and Sher-Wood would all argue for their own sticks — as would many other, smaller brands. They might all be equally right, as “best” is a subjective measure dependent on the preference, play and pocketbook of the purchaser.
What size is a youth hockey stick?
Typically, players like a stick to stand between their chin and nose on skates. The standard stick length is as follows: Junior = 46-53 inches. Intermediate = 54 inches.
How do you buy a hockey stick for a child?
European and US method of sizing up a Hockey Stick for a child
- Place the wooden curve on the ground.
- Make sure the stick is straight.
- Hold the stick at the top of the handle keeping it in place.
- Stand as straight as a soldier.
- The top of the stick should stretch above the hip bone. It may be slightly higher, or lower.
How do you measure a street hockey stick?
When the player is holding the stick, whichever hand is at the bottom of the shaft will determine right or left. To determine the correct stick size, first stand stick on end. The end of the stick should touch the tip of your nose. The stick can be cut to achieve your perfect length.
How do you pick a left or right hockey stick?
Left or Right Handed Stick?
- If you hold the hockey stick with your right hand on top of the stick and your left hand down the stick, you are a left-handed shooter.
- If you hold your hockey stick with your left hand on top of the stick and the right hand down the stick, you are a right-handed shooter.
How do I choose a hockey stick?
When choosing the right flex, you should consider your weight, playing style, and personal preference. But as a general rule, choose a stick with a flex that’s one-half of your body weight, rounded down. So a 160-pound player should use around a 75 flex stick.