The pre-game meal should consist of a protein-rich food, whole grains or fruit and fluids (water). Examples include: ½ cup trail mix and a piece of fruit or yogurt (6-8 oz).
What should I eat 5 hours before a game?
Optimal pre-game snacks for athletes include:
- Homemade energy bar.
- Whole wheat toast with almond or peanut butter.
- Whole grain crackers with cheese.
- Hummus with whole grain crackers.
What should I eat 3 hours before a hockey game?
Phase 1 – 1-3 Hours Prior To Hockey Game
The carbohydrate source should come in the form of a low glycemic index choice such as sweet potato, brown rice, oats, brown pasta, or quinoa – and the protein should ideally be an animal source such as meat or egg whites.
What should you eat before a hockey game?
Top off your fuel stores by eating a high-quality carbohydrate -rich meal the night before your first game.
- Pasta with red sauce and chicken breast and a side salad.
- Burrito or burrito bowl with grilled chicken/steak, brown rice, grilled vegetables and avocado (Athletes can even order this when eating out!)
What should I eat 3 4 hours before a game?
Because this meal is three to four hours before a meal, it might be necessary to top off glycogen stores before activity.
And a moderate amount of protein such as:
- Low-fat dairy,
- Eggs or ham.
What is a good pre-game snack?
Pre-game snack suggestions include:
- Whole-grain bread, crackers, tortillas, or pretzels1.
- Enriched pasta or brown rice.
- Plain popcorn.
- Apples, bananas, pears, oranges, or any other fruit.
- Dried fruit.
What should I eat 6 hours before a game?
Pasta, bread, fruits and vegetables are all great foods to eat for your pre-game meal. Foods you’ll want to stay away from are french fries, hamburgers, bacon, and other foods that are high in fat and protein.
How long before hockey should I eat?
Typical guidelines to power-fuel your body BEFORE hockey practices or games: Larger meals should be consumed 3-4 hours before hockey practices or games to ensure that the food that you eat is digested and you are ready to perform.
What should a hockey player eat for breakfast?
If you’re not in a tournament or have a classic early morning game then your meal can consist of higher fats and protein with moderate levels of carbohydrates.
- 2 Slices Little Big Bread.
- 1 Egg.
- ¼ Egg Whites.
- ¼ Cup Avocado.
- 3 Slices of Turkey or Chicken Breast Deli Meat – Microwaved.
Is Soup Good before a game?
It’s important to avoid foods that are high-fat. That means no fried foods, bacon, sausage, ribs, ribeye steak, fast food, lasagna, fettuccini alfredo, cheese-based soups or foods made with butter or heavy cream. Also avoid foods high in fiber, as they will cause gas and bloating.
How can I get energy before a game?
Tired? These 9 Tips Will Help Increase Your Game Day Stamina
- Don’t forget to sleep. Get some good rest the night before a game. …
- Start with a good breakfast and lunch. …
- H20 is your friend, so drink lots of it. …
- Sports drinks to the rescue. …
- Beware of energy drinks. …
- Keep snacks on deck. …
- Halftime = break time. …
- Practice makes perfect.
What should you do before a hockey game?
5 Ways to Prepare for a Hockey Game
- Stay Hydrated. It seems obvious, but it’s extremely important to drink enough during the day leading up to your game. …
- Stretch and Stay Flexible. …
- Warm Up Your Hands. …
- Visualize Your Game. …
- Do On-Ice Warm-Ups at Top Speed.
What should I know before going to a hockey game?
Before the Game Starts
- Dress for duress: There’s a sheet of ice, probably around 20-24 degrees (-4 celsius), cooling the whole building. …
- Arrive early: Give yourself an hour before the opening puck-drop. …
- Arrive hungry: It’s a special occasion, so dig deep and dig in.
What should an athlete eat the night before a game?
Night Before the Game: Carb-load and Avoid New Foods
Starchy foods like pasta, rice and potatoes offer a carbohydrate-rich meal that will provide the right fuel for the next day’s event. Sentongo recommends avoiding new foods that might upset your stomach during the game.
Are eggs good to eat before games?
Young athletes should spread protein foods throughout the day, having some at each meal and with most snacks, such as eggs and whole-grain toast with fruit for breakfast or a sandwich with low-sodium deli meat on whole-grain bread with yogurt and raw veggies for lunch.
Is oatmeal good before a game?
If you want to be active in the morning on game day, then cereals are the ideal pre-game breakfast. However, you should go for whole wheat cereals and avoid sugary cereals. The best pre-game breakfast would be granola or porridge oats, with soya milk or fat-reduced milk.